Ultrasonic cleaners use the science of mechanical vibrations above the range of human hearing to clean complex parts that may be small, or have nested parts, blind holes, or threaded bodies. Ideally suited for intricate construction where other cleaning methods may not work well, an ultrasonic parts cleaner can remove soils that are well bonded to parts.
Ultrasonic cleaners will consist of three main components:
- A tank to hold the fluid and dirty parts
- A generator to transform the line voltage into an ultrasonic signal
- A transducers to convert the ultrasonic electrical signal into mechanical energy
An ultrasonic generator takes the electrical energy from the power line and converts it to electrical energy at the desired ultrasonic frequency. A transducer converts the electrical energy to mechanical motion or sound. It directs the sound energy into the cleaning tank. The cavitation bubbles implode and release the energy. Those bubbles form slowly and collapse suddenly, releasing immense energy against the surface of objects immersed in the tank that “scrubs” hard to remove soils from the parts. This is very different that other parts washers that employ solvents to do most of the cleaning.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Excellent for Cleaning Intricate Parts
- Works for removal of Insoluble Particulate
- Simple to Use, Easy to Maintain
- No Introduction of Harsh Chemicals
- Low Power Requirements
- Compact Design for Limited Spaces